SHOWINGS AT SHORT NOTICE | A Survival Guide/Quick Tips
I know I have promised at least 24 hours prior notice…
- And whilst our team will do everything to help avoid “surprises”….
- Sometimes a Buyer just needs to Buy something (Money burning a hole in their pocket)…
- And won’t wait…
- Should we have a really HOT BUYER!!!
- & we need to show them through with short notice…
- It is hoped these tips are helpful…
- Please note this isn’t common but DOES HAPPEN
Quick Tips- less than one hour notice.
- Start where the potential buyers will start.
- Make sure that the front door presents well.
- Sweep steps, if needed.
- Pick up any out-of-place objects and store them away quickly.
- Wipe down kitchen and bathroom bench tops
- Open window treatments and turn on lights
- Put any dirty dishes into the dishwasher
- Make the beds
- Put any dirty laundry inside the washing machine
If you still have time:
- Run a quick vacuum and/or sweeper to give carpets and floors a fresh look
- Check toilets are clean, close lids
- Give the home a quick air freshener (Subtle only)
- Wet/ dirty towels to laundry basket
***While we would all like to have our houses in showroom condition 24 hours a day***
- We also acknowledge that we live in them.
- Show condition isn’t how we all live AND…
- …It can be and IS STRESSFUL for many sellers to live this way (We understand that).
We suggest that you do your best to present your house in its best light.
- AND make sure that every potential buyer has an opportunity to view it.
- Accommodate all reasonable showing requests if at all possible.
- Getting SOLD in less time to the RIGHT BUYER is the best way to increase your certainty and reduce your stress and inconvenience.
PLEASE REMEMBER:- We only need ONE BUYER!!!
Thank you for your kind understanding…
We look forward to working together to help you move on.
The Ian Barnes Team